About the role
As a Data Engineer in the Axinsight team, you are offered a unique opportunity to work with an enormous amount of data from every-day consumers. You will be an integral part of how we support our companies in creating value through advanced data analysis. You will also be part of the digital transformation that drives new ways of working, to work more experimentally and then to scale to reach customer benefit and business value. Right now, Axinsight is working with for example marketing automation, voice and neural networks. At the same time, Axinsight realizes the value of descriptive analytics and will combine analytical forms in order to optimize the efficiency of their businesses.
Axinsights Data Engineer is expected to contribute to the overall development of Axel Johnson to become a more customer insight- and data driven company. This involves:
• Taking a broad Data Engineering role on a strategic, operational and executional level
• Ensuring possibility and requisites to process and scale up data, for example ensuring data lakes, moving models from on-prem to cloud and ensure continuous integration and continuous development
• Steering and leading local IT functions, and their vendors, in order to optimize data gathering and robust ETL-processes toward each company in the Axel Johnson sphere
• Taking measures and make recommendations in order to improve the data reliability, efficiency and quality
• Putting prototype models in to production, test and fix the feasibility and enable scalability
You will be based at our office at Villagatan 6, Stockholm, but the work may involve some travel. You will be part of a central team and work together with Sebastian Heimfors, Director Innovation and Data and our Senior Data Scientist.
We seek you who wants to contribute in building a new and business critical function within Axel Johnson with most data driven insights still unexplored. You have high energy, are results-oriented and have strong analytical skills. You will play a key role in industry leading companies and you will make a clear footprint internally and externally.
• Experience from both scaling prototypes and putting prototypes in real-life production
• Have advanced programming and system creation skills to construct, develop, test and maintain data pipelines and architectures
• Experience from analyzing, structuring and cleaning vast amount of data
• Hands-on experience from relevant tools/techniques such as Virtual Machine and Container Solutions, Git, Parallel Computing, Cloud, Micro Services
In this recruitment we cooperate with Navigio. To apply for the role, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume by March 29 at the latest. Starting date by agreement. For questions about the recruitment, please contact Filip Pol at email@example.com
Axel Johnson is one of the Nordic’s leading retail groups, which builds and develops businesses in the trade and services market in the European market, with emphasis in the Nordic region. The Group companies today consist of Axel Johnson International, KICKS, Martin & Servera, Novax, Åhléns and partly owned Axfood and Dustin. Now we are looking for a Data Engineer to our team Axinsight at group level who will be vital in contributing to build Axel Johnson’s capability regarding data-driven insight and business development