As a trainee in the Axinsight team, you are offered a unique opportunity to kick-start your career. The day-to-day work will include both strategic and operational tasks. You will get an overall picture of how we support our companies in creating value through advanced data analysis. You will also gain insight in how this is part of the digital transformation that drives new ways of working, to work more experimentally and to scale to reach the customer benefit and business value. The role is, among other things, meant to
• Work closely with Director Innovation and Data, Data Scientist and Data Engineer with the aim of creating a state-of-the-art Center of Excellence for customer and data driven business development
• Experiment with large amounts of data derived from 125 companies in the Group
• Work closely with the companies to support in the work on data collection, analysis and development of prototype models
• Help in the definition of business problems, ensure that the right technology is used, visualize data and models and communicate this to important stakeholders
• Be one of the first in a brand new core team in one of the Nordic region’s leading retail groups
The trainee period runs for twelve months and our ambition is that after the trainee period’s end you will follow us on the journey that started over 145 years ago. There are various opportunities in either one of the companies under the group or in the Axinsight team. You will be based at our office at Villagatan 6, Stockholm, but the work may involve some travel. You will be part of a central team and work with Sebastian Heimfors, Director Innovation and Data, our Data Scientist and Data Engineer
We are looking for you who have the potential and drive to become a future leader within Axel Johnson. You should be flexible, self-propelled and result-oriented with a high communicative ability. We guarantee you a steep development curve and experience from various types of companies in the group. Of course you have a great interest in digital transformation.
• Before the start date, a completed degree in statistics, system development, mathematics, civil engineering, economics or relevant quantitative degree
• Programming knowledge (such as Python, R, SQL)
• Qualifying with experience of tools such as Hadoop or Spark
• Fluent english in speech and writing
In this recruitment we cooperate with Navigio. To apply for the trainee role, send an email to email@example.com with CV, grades and other relevant documents by March 29 at the latest. Starting date by agreement, however, no later than August 1. For questions about the opportunity, please contact Filip Pol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Axel Johnson is one of the Nordic’s leading retail groups, which builds and develops businesses in the trade and services market in the European market, with emphasis in the Nordic region. The Group companies today consist of Axel Johnson International, KICKS, Martin & Servera, Novax, Åhléns and partly owned Axfood and Dustin. Now we are looking for a Data Engineer to our team Axinsight at group level who will be vital in contributing to build Axel Johnson’s capability regarding data-driven insight and business development