We are Norwegian all the way and will be our customers smart move; we work hard to be the low-cost choice with a high-quality experience. We aim to be the sustainable option and a reliable ride by delivering smart solutions for our customers so they can tailor their journey. Make your smart move now and join our RedNose Warriors Team!
Director Fuel Management
The position as Director Fuel Management is first and foremost to ensure fuel supply to Norwegian’s global operations. This includes contract, tender and supplier management, working towards Norwegian’s ambitious sustainability agenda and ensuring safe and secure supply of fuel to all Norwegian’s destinations.
The responsibilities include:
- Contract, Tender, Supplier Management, including: Managing Contract Periods, defining Tender Cycles/Strategies, preparing and initiating tenders as well as negotiating jet fuel supply contracts
- Financial Control, including: Management of order to pay process in close alignment with suppliers, accounts payable, finance and contract control in close cooperation with controlling and tax management.
- Operations, including: Following up on safety incident and delay reports with internal and external stakeholders, close cooperation with internal stakeholders on fuel saving initiatives and guaranteeing a safe and secure supply at all airports
In addition to these tasks, the position will manage fuel consortiums (US) and support projects related to supply chain and sustainability as well as improvement projects.
This job is a match if you are a truly global collaborator and team player, proactive and self-motivated with an analytical mind-set. As an ideal candidate you have a degree in economics, finance or business. You have prior experience in strategic procurement from large-scale fuel-based industries such as aviation, shipping, transportation etc., or from working commercially with fuel.
We are looking for a real doer, who gets motivated by the complexity of this role. You will be central in realizing the full potential in Norwegian’s sustainability programme as well as ensuring fuel supply to a complex, global operation. Ideally you have an active network with suppliers globally, and it is a big plus if you have experience from working in a global environment.
You are ambitious, result-oriented, positive and, of course, comfortable working in an expansive environment with high demands. You have excellent communication skills and able to negotiate and achieve results on C-Level.
The position can be based in our service offices in Barcelona, London, Riga or Oslo and will report to Senior Vice President Supply Chain.
Join us and enjoy our company benefits
- Competitive company benefits including employee priced tickets
- Positive and exciting place to work in a global expanding organization
- Challenging, variable and dynamic environment
For questions, please contact our recruitment partner Navigio, Nicholay Tehrani (+47 907 69 894 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible and no later than 28th of September.